so one of my best friends is named sascha (yes, another guy with a girl’s name). anyway, sascha periodically sends me some really random and funny links that have something to do with west indian girl in one way or another. it’s kind of like having a personal Mr. Google. ok, below is a list of some those random links. i probably laugh a bit more at these than you will but they are worth sharing nonetheless…i think [fyi a picture of the elusive Mr. Google is in the "miller high life and sundays" entry....see him sitting at the computer instead of drinking?]
1. what’s up with paul yoon’s blog entry about us. classic stuff – he even has What are you afraid of playing on it. Paul, we love you man.
2. this is from (south by southwest) SXSW.com film section. check out the film staff record recommendation of the week towards the bottom of the page. kinda cool.
3. this just falls under the “what the fuck” category. it was from this months Esquire magazine . Looks like Hollywood is the number one song to burn some fat off your fat ass. what is a “skittering” bass line?
4. how about this contest page on TeenMusic.com – scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the contest banner. totally cracked my ass up to see chris carter’s face front and center for all the girls to drool on. gotta love it. gotta laugh at it.
5. this some japenese guy’s site – i’m still not sure what it all means. Mr. google sent me a site to translate it in called babelfish and that spit out this translation. “Summer it passed, it became the way which gradually feels the sign of the fall. The change eye of season, doesn’t especially this season pathos the melody ground which drifts stop wanting to inquire about tune? As for this although being the melody ground, little bit スピリチƒ…アル the band which makes about tune inquire, translating with the rhinoceros, “as for the reason of girl naming west Indian” there is a relationship in drug culture of seventies, it seems. The new member band of loss graduate, sound it is unique.” i wish all reviews were this interesting.
6. how about this mention in a review of another LA based band called the shore in the university of wisconsin-madison’s Badger Herald. Check out the very end of the review where he calls our cd the “late summer’s perfect bum out album.” way to be chris ewing. i’m glad i wasnt the guy in the shore reading this. ouch.
7. what about this polish review. that site babelfish mentioned above sucks ass because it couldnt even translate this one. i’m into the fact that right below us is one of my friends’ band called Gabin. These guys are from rome and also on astralwerks/virgin italy. they recently did a cool chilled out remix of our song hollywood which is pretty dope. i wonder when that version will see the light of day. anyway, based on this polish review i guess they have a new record out and its amazing. max and filippo are totally figo. —F.Ten 2:14 am 10/21